So we finally have an EXTREMELY limited number of 7” vinyl splits that we did as part of the 20 Years of Hell Subscription Series that was released on A-F Records! This is Volume IV, featuring a Previously Unreleased ONE IF BY LAND SONG and a remastered version of our song Handouts!
Also Anti Flag have 2 gems on it as well!
They are $8.00 due to the incredible packaging and costs that went into making these. I’m talking like there are 5 right now for sale on the store.
Follow the link, first come, first serve. We may have a few more we can put up later but no promises!
I am so excited that One If By Land now has a few copies of their split 7” with Anti-Flag. They only have a couple of copies, so I would get one before they’re gone.
Sadly I just finished my April comics. I really don’t know how I get so far behind. Anyways, here are the rankings:
1. Ultimate Spider-man (Issue #200) / Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-man (Issue #1) [Peter Parker’s family and friends gather to celebrate his life. Miles wrestles with a big decision and then has a surprise visitor.] 2. Uncanny X-men (Issue #20) [Scott Summers and Maria Hill have a chat.] 3. All New X-men (Issue #26) [The secret location of the Xavier School is not a secret anymore.] 4. Daredevil (Issue #2) [Matt is starting to settle in to his new city of San Francisco.] 5. Batman (Issue #30) [Batman has been out of it for awhile and Gotham has drastically changed.]
Jonah Matranga and J. Robbins are in a band together?!?! Listen to the song ‘Stay Unprepared’ at the link above and then order the ‘Magic Tommy Jackson’ 7” here. I can only hope that the band will release a full length album after this.
I’m sure that my new comics would have come in the mail this past weekend, but I was out of town and my mail was being held so I just got them today. Here’s the rundown:
1. Amazing Spider-man #4 and #1.3 2. Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-man #3, All-New Ultimates #5, Ultimate FF #4 and #5 3. Original Sin #5 and #6, Original Sins #3 and #4 4. All-New X-men #29, Uncanny X-men #23 and #24 5. Avengers #32 and #33, New Avengers #21, Avengers World #9 and #10 6. Guardians Of The Galaxy #17 7. Captain America #22, Winter Soldier: The Bitter March #5 8. Moon Knight #5 9. Fantastic Four #7 10. Daredevil #5, #6, and #0.1 11. New Warriors #7 12. Justice League #32, Batman #33, Green Lantern #33, Green Lantern Corps #33 13. Miracleman #8 14. The Manhattan Projects #22 15. The United States Of Murder #3
My June comics came in the mail yesterday. Here’s the rundown:
1. Amazing Spider-man #1.2 and #3 2. All-New Ultimates #3 and #4, Ultimate FF #3 3. Original Sin #4, Original Sins #1 and #2 4. All-New X-men #28, Uncanny X-men #22 5. Avengers #31, New Avengers #19, #20 and Annual #1, Avengers World #8 6. Guardians Of The Galaxy #16 7. Captain America #21 8. Daredevil #4 9. Fantastic Four #6 10. Moon Knight #4 11. New Warriors #5 and #6 12. Justice League #31, Batman #32, Green Lantern Corps #31 and #32 13. Astro City #13 14. The Manhattan Projects #21 15. The United States of Murder Inc. #2
I just finished reading my stack of comics from March. Here are my favorites:
1. Forever Evil (Issue #6) [Lex Luthor and Batman battle the Crime Syndicate.] 2. Moon Knight (Issue #1) [Warren Ellis’s new take on Moon Knight could be really cool.] 3. Superior Spider-man (Issues #29 and #30) [The Green Goblin runs amok.] 4. All New X-men (Issue #24) / Guardians Of The Galaxy (Issue #13) [The trial of Jean Grey reaches its conclusion and the original X-men team won’t be the same.] 5. Astro City (Issue #10) [The four-part Winged Victory storyline wraps up.]
A couple months ago, Chris Strong (the photographer who took the iconic image on the cover of American Football’s self-titled full-length) came down to Champaign-Urbana to film an official video for “Never Meant.”
The clip features a bunch of cameos from the PV staffers and other local landmarks (including the aforementioned house).
Hope you enjoy watching the video as much as we did playing a part in making it!
My May comics came in the mail today. Here’s the rundown:
1. Amazing Spider-man #2 2. Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-man #2, All-New Ultimates #2, Ultimate FF #2 3. Original Sin #0, #1, #2, and #3 4. Avengers #29 and #30, New Avengers #18, Avengers World #6 and #7 5. Guardians of the Galaxy #15 6. All-New X-men #27, Uncanny X-men #21 7. Forever Evil #7, Justice League #30, Justice League of America #14, Batman #31, Green Lantern #32 8. Miracleman #6 and #7 9. Astro City #12 10. Daredevil #3 11. Winter Soldier The Bitter March #4
No Coast feels like a blueprint for the returning elder statespersons of emo. There’s enough of what made us love Braid in the first place, but it also admits that age changes tastes and bodies.
We think it’s time you all get to hear what we’ve been up to. NPR is kind enough to host a new song from us today. It’s called “Bang” and it’s from our new album, No Coast, out July 8, 2014 via Topshelf Records.
I can’t recommend this new Braid song highly enough. It sounds like it could have been on 1998’s “Frame And Canvas” and yet it sounds totally new and fresh. I’m going to see the band play with Into It Over It at The Altar Bar in Pittsburgh on July 9 and I’m really looking forward to it.